Brought to you by PBAA Non-Profit
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU ENROLL
1. Cost of in-office visits, premiums, deductibles and co-insurance percentages
2. The annual deductible (amount you must pay out of pocket, before insurance will cover)
3. Whether or not your current doctor(s) accept this type of insurance
4. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS, CHECK WITH YOUR PERSONAL ADVISORS AND KNOW ALL YOUR OPTIONS
TOP FIVE FACTS ABOUT PRO ATHLETE ALUMNI HEALTH PLANS
1. Not valid in Massachusetts, Vermont, WashingtonState or Hawaii. Laws regarding health insurance vary in each state.
2. Plan pricing in New York and New Jersey may not be as deeply discounted
3. PBAA is NOT responsible for administration of plans, execution of benefits or insurance costs.
4. Rates are effective for (1) one year.
5. Plans do not cover individuals 64 and over
TOP FIVE FAQ’S REGARDING PRO ATHLETE ALUMNI HEALTH PLANS
1. Is there an age limit to policy coverage?
Those enrolled prior to turning to age 64, may continue the policy, when used in addition to Medicare. New applicants over 64 years are not eligible for enrollment.
2. Are there any circumstances by which applicants will be denied?
Pre-existing conditions may affect some applicants in some states. It will be determined by the underwriter of the policy. Until 2014, applicants can still be asked to complete a physical before enrollment is completed; some pre-existing conditions may not be covered. Insurance underwriting laws vary by state, be sure to find out about the laws in your area.
3. What is PBAA’s role?
The PBAA has made available, a unique program offering for its members. The program offers opportunities for cost savings on Health Insurance programs. These programs are offered by licensed insurance companies and agents. The PBAA is not a licensed agent and cannot offer advice or recommendations on plan design offerings. It is our hope that you may either find reasonably priced coverage if you don’t have any medical insurance or a more competitive rate for your existing coverage.
4. What questions can we answer?
We at PBAA are working hard each day to address any issues that may arise with EHD. Beware that this is an evolving process and we will continue to update you regarding any changes or issues with accessing quotes from the website. BY LAW WE CANNOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION ON POLICY TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRICING.
ACCESS PRO ATHLETE ALUMNI HEALTH PLANS
Laws regarding health insurance vary in each state. For more information please see “Frequently Asked Questions” above.